Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Taste Is Gone

My taste is completly gone.
I hate it.
I love my food...but tasting it, I have realized, is the best part.
Sickness can leave me any time now that would be great.

Anyways, this weekend I pretty much slept the entire weekend. It was quite nice especially since it finally cooled off around here. Made it feel like October! Go figure. Sunday I made my way to Sandals though and was so glad I did! Matt did a great job pretty much summing up how I feel about the church and politics. Something I never knew how to explain. I don't want to quote him wrong so I'll just sum it up the way I took it. He pretty much explained how our freedom we get from God. It is not something we had to earn, it is a gift to us, an amazing gift. Who are we to take away freedom from others? Only God can do that. So vote in the way you feel God telling you, based on what you believe. Don't vote to vote Jesus into office, it is not going to happen. No one can be Jesus for America but Jesus. I just absolutely enjoyed everything he had to say.

Small groups for Jr. High start tonight. I'm beyond excited. I love the girls I have been meeting and getting to know. I can't wait to get to know them even better while learning more about God together. What a great night it will be :)

...On my way to the doctor with mi madre.
Maybe I'll get some starbucks out of it ;)

No comments: