Thursday, October 30, 2008

Election Day Is Just Around The Corner

And thank God.
The most RIDICULOUS thing just happened to me.
So most of you know my family...they put a vote no on prop 8 sign out front on our lawn. I personally am voting no also for my own reasons which differ complelty from my famalies reasons.
So I'm out in my driveway just now cleaning out my car, my head is in the door because I'm picking something up off the floor by my passenger seat but I hear a car turn the corner and slow down what sounds to be right in front of our house. So I lift my head and sure enough a lady had stopped her car right in front of our house waiting for me to look up and as I did she looked me dead in the eye and shook her head then looked at our sign and back up at me still shaking her head in disgust. My mouth literally dropped while looking at her and she drove off.
Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
This lady does not know me! She does not know what I stand for, what I believe and she felt she had every right to put "shame" on me in front of my own house when I am minding my own business cleaning out my car.
What in the world has gotten into everyone?
This DISGUSTED me!!
I literally felt sick to my stomach after she drove away.

...Love your neighbor as yourself.
God where did we go so wrong?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had an awkward moment the other day at my friend's house with his family. His family was arguing politics and they were adamant about the candidate they're voting for. I have just learned not to say a word. It was funny, my friend later on checked up on me because he thought is was quite an awkward moment too, haha. So I feel for ya. A lot of my friends have made many political statements lately without thinking...it's quite amazing.