Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

This year has been one huge recovery year I would say.
My heart needed to do a lot of healing and I can definitely say it has!
God used me this year in ways I would not have expected when I was still hurting and feeling alone.

I feel like I can split my year into two completely different years. Before Louisiana and after.
Before Louisiana, I was still learning how to move on from horrible experiences the year before. I was still very fragile in my walk with Christ, still figuring out how to leave it all in the past. Slowly God was healing me though and little did I know he was preparing me for something much better.
My time in Louisiana was so amazing. I still think about it everyday. I have learned so much from that six weeks and my time at home after that trip was spent in a much better attitude about life and about God. I'm so thankful for those six weeks serving and being served in Covington... this year would not have been the same without it.
The past 6 months have been wonderful. God has been showing himself more and more faithful as every day passes. I love him. So very much and am sooo not worthy of it all. Grace is a hard thing to understand.
I received amazing news the other night and I know that God is here, he is moving, he has plans for this place and these people that we can only imagine glimpses of. I am confident of that.
So bring on 2009 and the people God has for me to meet and the places He has for me to see. I can't wait to see how his Kingdom continues to grow.

No comments: