Sunday, March 21, 2010

Beauty

" The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord." Psalm 45:11

This verse absolutely consumed me tonight.
Psalm 45 is seen as a wedding poem about a great, majestic king preparing for his bride.
This great king is of course our wonderful God. The undeserved position of his bride has been gracefully given to me. I couldn't wrap my mind around this kind of love so I began to think of my Dad.

My Dad is wonderful.
He has always protected me.
Provided for me.
He isn't a man who shows his deep love for you all that often. He is shy in that way.
However, in the times when He does, I leave his presence with no doubt in my mind that he thinks the world of me. There are times his eyes are filled with tears when expressing to me the joy I bring him.
How much more can I expect from my heavenly father?
Tears of joy?
When I read verse 11 again, I am made aware of the deep love God, my king, my husband, has for me.

Lately, a lot of people I know are getting engaged.
It makes me so excited to think about the day when I will find my best friend and future husband to live out this life with. I have so many desires for our relationship already and haven't even met him yet. I can't wait for him to look into my eyes and tell me I am the most beautiful person he has ever known.

This psalm tells me I already have the attention of someone.
My king is enthralled by my beauty.
The creator of heaven and of earth, the almighty one, is enthralled by my beauty.
Brought to tears of joy in my presence.

....that is unbelievable.
For my God to love me THAT much. To look at me with eyes of love the way a husband looks at his bride.

I am in awe.

And I will honor him, for he is my lord.

1 comment:

Sara: said...

this is good stuff.
man. my heart is all welled up : )