Monday, November 30, 2009

Wait

This word has been thrown around a lot lately in random conversation, sermons, songs, etc.
There are times, like recently, where I beg and beg to hear God speak to me.
I want so desperately to hear God
to feel God.
To be on fire and passionate about this life He has given me.
But I'm not.
I'm not hearing God.
I don't feel Him near me.
I'm not passionate about what I once thought God was calling me to.
And I'm mad.
I'm mad that God won't respond.
That He won't allow me to hear him.


Then there is that word again.
Wait.
No, I don't want to wait.
All waiting does for me is stress me out.
I need to know what God wants me to do.
Now.
But God keeps saying wait.
Through other people of course.
Yes I want to hear and see and feel God but blessing me in that way every time I ask does not make me faithful.
There is a Brooke Fraser song "Faithful" that has been on repeat on my itunes.
" And as I wait for you, maybe I'm made more faithful."
I will wait for God.
For His choice,
His timing.
What else can I do?
There is nothing else I want to do.
So I'll wait.
patiently?
probably not, I'm bad at that.
But I'll wait.

1 comment:

Sara: said...

alisha:
i WILL look to the lord
i will WAIT for the god of my salvation
my god WILL hear me
do not rejoice over me my enemy
for WHEN i fall
i WILL arrise
WHEN i sit in darkness
the lord WILL be my light
i WILL bear the indignation of my savior
for i have sinned against him
and until he executes justice for me
and pleads my case
i WILL continue to bear it.
the lord WILL bring me forth
and i WILL see his righteousness
-micah 7:7-9 nkj

leesh, this time of distance is not bad. it is god testing your faith. i love you and i know you know god loves you more. press on train hard. call me anytime : ) love love