Thursday, April 15, 2010

Never Destroyed

2 Corinthians 4: 8-9
" We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

Paul was a man who traveled around and told people the good news right?
Yes.
And Paul speaks a ton of the persecution and opposition he faces as someone who goes around talking about Jesus.
We can be guaranteed these things as followers. It just comes with the package.
I know this.
But it never makes it easy to face.
It is so unbelievable though that in all the stories of persecution in the Bible, destruction does not follow.
We are never abandoned by God.
When it feels as if the entire world has abandoned me, I am not alone.

I am never alone.
None of it matters.
I am saved.
I am loved.
I am pursued by an almighty God who cares for me.
My future is decided.
It is secure.

I have nothing to fear.

I can't grasp this concept!
All I know is fear.
Insecurity.
Shame.
Worry.

I want to be confident enough in Christ that when opposition hits me, it bounces right back off and I am unaffected because I know where my identity comes from.

These words of David's have been getting me through alot lately.
Written so long ago but they represent the battle that goes on inside my head.
Psalm 27
Teach me your way, O LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.

12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.

13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

That right there is some good stuff.

No comments: