Tuesday, February 17, 2009

But this I know with all my heart.

Amazing.

"Why should I gain from his reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart,
His wounds have paid my ransom."

I am so in awe of Jesus every time I hear these lyrics. How on earth is it possible that I am saved, that my sins are taken care of because of a sacrifice made my someone before He even knew me, or should I say before I cared to know him. Why should I gain from his reward? Why am I allowed to live a life full of blessings and far from the punishment of sin? I am so blown away when I think of this. It doesn't seem fair. It really doesn't seem fair that not everyone on Earth cares to know this Jesus that did this for us. He deserves so much, God deserves so much more than we as human beings can give him. I wake up every morning, go to class, come back, sleep, and not once close my eyes and thank God.

Another song says
" I need a song to sing to you that I have yet to find."
I feel that is so true. I want to say so much to God and sing to him how thankful I am but I just can't find the words. I pray my heart would reflect that thankfulness.

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!

No comments: